Wednesday, January 21, 2015
– Sleep deprivation can cause premature ageing, i.e, lines, uneven pigmentation, reduced skin elasticity. It can also contribute to eating the wrong foods, i.e, sugar for energy which breaks down collagen fibers.
– It is a common misconception that sleep needs decline with age. In fact, research demonstrates that sleep needs remain constant throughout adulthood.
– Many people give up sleep to make room for work and leisure. An adequate amount of sleep is as important as an adequate amount of exercise.
– Builds bone mass.
– Increases cardiovascular output-through increased circulation, blood flow and oxygenation.
– Exercise early morning or late afternoon to avoid harsh UV rays.
– Exercise can decrease your chances of chronic diseases such as cancer, diabetes and heart disease.
3. EAT THE RIGHT FOODS
– Eating wisely is really the key to keeping young. “You are what you eat.”
– Green tea (antioxidants) and diet rich in Omega 3’s (preserves telomeres).
– The skin is the largest organ after all, so diet directly affects how you visibly age. Focus as much on what you put in your body as on what you put on your skin.
4. POSITIVE ATTITUDE
– Positive people live an average of 7.5 years longer.
– Not taking things or yourself too seriously and having a life full of love, laughter, fun and compassion.
– Never stop learning or trying new things.
5. START AN ANTI-AGEING REGIME
– Prevention and care is key; a good skin care regimen is important. Read our blog “Take cover: Wrinkle Schmikles” here.